Total Pageviews

Tuesday 28 February 2012

Degeneration

The huge changes in transport especially those driving have, it is claimed, altered the way we interact. Road rage incidents, even minor ones, if replicated by those who are walking, would largely be avoided as we behave face to face in a different way whereas in a car we tend to dehumanise the other.
The Internet is quite extraordinary in the way it is revolutionising the way we interact for good or ill. Having spent a day off today with a large part of the time on the Internet, especially Facebook, I discern something similar to Road Rage. I am afraid my opinion of you humans has declined somewhat with Facebook revealing such ignorance, racism, bigotry etc that it is easy to become depressed. I suppose it dehumanises the other in the same way car travelling does. However as a seal I can't be dehumanised, thank goodness...

No comments:

Post a Comment