Total Pageviews

Wednesday 8 February 2012

Honesty

Sometimes honesty is to be called for. I was thinking about my time here on land and enjoying what television has to offer. But then is then and now is now. The television available now is so much more diverse and interesting although the proliferation of channels means that a common culture, which had relied latterly so much on TV programmes, is diminished. The days of half of the UK watching Morecambe and Wise are gone.
The honesty in the title is this: If I were to be totally honest the political decision which has led to the most amount of happiness for me personally, has to be the 1990 Broadcasting Act whereby the airwaves were deregulated and , leading through the parted Red Sea, was SKY and its wonderful sports coverage. Not for me the birth of a child, passing exam or any other milestone. The arrival of the Sky TV van remains the happiest point in my life. And, ultimately I have to thank John Major's Government. Thank you, John.

No comments:

Post a Comment