Total Pageviews

Monday 20 February 2012

More drink

Swam to Edinburgh again today to meet two old friends, Lyn and Gordon(ex civil servants like myself). Went to the Au Bar and had lots of pints. However am now a little more sober and, in consequence, able to post. Like many over 60's I meet they are against independence for Scotland but, for reasons they alone can divest, in a pretty nebulous way. Although younger humans are far more agreeable to independence this group is vital( if alone for the reason of their willingness to vote). They are intelligent people so harassing them will not work. I know many in the independence movement feel that generation will move on as previous Tory voting ones have disappeared. I'm not so sure which makes me more firm in my opinion that independence will not be achieved until referendum number three. At any rate thanks for a great afternoon Lyn and Gordon.

No comments:

Post a Comment