Total Pageviews

Thursday 23 February 2012

More open at least

With the debate about independence accelerating yesterday's news that new Royal Navy ships will be built in Korea was a little amusing( though not for the shipyard workers here) especially after a run of scare stories about defence contacts being lost post independence.
However I was thinking about our age at least being mpre open and accountable than before. The 1975 McCrone Report into North Sea oil was buried under the 30 year rule as its conclusions would have bolstered the nascent independence movement then. Plus ca change? Well I remain distrutful of British Government prouncements ( who wouldn't?) but at least now with leaks, internet etc etc Scots are less likely to be hoodwinked again.
However my main concern now, I am ashamed to admit, are the stories in River City, I hope they don't decline into the Eastenders miasma of depression, I need to be a cheer seal.

No comments:

Post a Comment