Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 February 2012

Something Fishy

Despite my marine origins I have never really liked fish and am now a vegetarian. However veggie sushi is available and I tried it for the first time last night. Went out with my dear friend Janine to what is, by common assent, Pumpherston's third best restaurant. Did not really enjoy it but glad I tried it.
Big splash today is the possible referendum date, announced by the new Sun on Sunday: 18 October. This is Feast of St Luke, cannot find much of a connection other than one side or another may need medical help the next day. However it is also the anniversary of the Battle of Assandun where Edmund Ironside was defeated by Canute( a much misunderstood man, the waves story being one such misunderstanding). I await the first Unionist complaint that Alex Salmond is commemorating a Saxon/English defeat.
Oh well football on now, what to watch, Inverness v Rangers or Arsenal v Spurs. Poor quality football combined with sectarian/racist chants or two great teams? Not much of a choice really. Spurs have just scored,a lucky goal, off to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment