Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 March 2012

Paul McBride RIP

Perhaps this is a post is one I should not make. Just heard the news of the death of Paul McBride a brilliant Scottish lawyer. Although he was a member of both the Labour then Conservative parties( perhaps they should merge) I sensed an active questioning mind never at home with labels, although his accusation of supporters of my team, Hibs, singing pro IRA songs was risible,. But why, in all the media comment over his views, was there no comment on his partner being another man. Like David Cairns the former Greenock MP, the truth is only available following a tragic death, although I presume well known to those who knew him. For anyone who knows me, my former partner was a man. Why, oh why, is it only cancer or a sudden death which reveals the truth- what is wrong with honesty. Paul: I don't blame you. Your cultural background made this difficult and I honestly mourn your passing- I sense a fellow soul unhappy with labels.
Cardinal O'Brien, I'm sure you will lead the tributes but will you address the issues you raised today with reference to Paul.
Rest in Peace Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment