Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 October 2012

More Danish

A little interlude appears between visiting Denmark and hosting Danish visitors, the latter action resulting in me moving out of the flat as the visitors are a family of four.However the Homeless application is delayed as my friend nearby has the dubious honour of hosting me.
I attended , as a surprise, my friend's 50th birthday party in Copenhagen- the picture above is of one of the city's churches. Although I flew back from the city's airport I flew into Billund next to Legoland( in the pouring rain), thereafter a bus through central Jutland to Kolding then train to Copenhagen. Travel in Denmark is so easy and efficient, although locals may differ. Perhaps we have lowered expectations when travelling allied to a certain degree of anxiety.
The party lasted from 3 pm to 2 am, I gave up at midnight and was a chance to catch up with those I'd briefly met over the years. Such interesting people especially the group of people who sought asylum following he Iranian Revolution of 1979. The city,as always, was a joy to walk around and I attend an evening eucharist in the Lutheran cathedral. All very peaceful but now the family are due to arrive and 6 months cleaning is to be contracted into 3 hours... 

No comments:

Post a Comment