Total Pageviews

Thursday 12 April 2012

Well, returned from the great city of Paris. Although I've been before it remains a city of great romance and appeal and I'm glad I went. Although the main sights are, of course, well worth a visit for those who plan to go I would recommend the Museum of the Middle Ages near the Sorbonne. The History of Art I once, poorly, studied made great play on the merits of the Renaissance and, no doubt, great things flowed from this. However, real life never falls into discreet sections and the art works displayed here are beautiful indeed. Its setting was the Paris house of the abbot of Cluny and , once there, my thoughts flew to its great foundation at Paisley reinforcing the long historic links between France and Scotland. Not much for a veggie to eat though across there so catching up on goodies back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment